SALT LAKE Town, Utah, Could 31, 2022 (Gephardt Daily) — The Salt Lake Metropolis Law enforcement Division is reminding motor vehicle house owners to reduce the prospect of automobile theft after it recovered a stolen auto that was filthy, stuffed with prescription drugs, and sporting new hurt soon after rolling into a police automobile.
The stolen car or truck was located Monday close to 1900 W. North Temple.
“When officers approached the driver, he refused to thoroughly cooperate and attempted to achieve the equipment shifter and put the station wagon into generate,” the Salt Lake City Law enforcement assertion says.
“Officers quickly turned the car off, but the suspect all over again turned the auto again on and attempted to set it in push. The suspect managed to get the motor vehicle into neutral, which prompted the stolen car or truck to roll into a marked police automobile.”
Officers at some point took the suspect into custody, the assertion suggests. Officers booked the 30-yr-previous suspect into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on fees of theft by obtaining stolen property, failure to stop at the command of a police officer, interfering with an arresting officer, use or possession of drug paraphernalia, wrong evidence of a car title and registration, supplying phony information and facts to a law enforcement officer, and obtaining an open up container in a car or truck.
Car or truck inside
Inside the motor vehicle, officers observed open up containers of liquor and drug paraphernalia. They also found a auto license plate that experienced been partly cut up and overlaid and glued on best of another license plate to give the visual appearance of currently being a totally various plate, the SLCPD statement states.
“Officers found the stolen station wagon’s interior to be greatly harmed and filthy. The registered owner of the car responded and took custody of the car.”
The office reported vehicle thefts in Salt Lake Town are down, but community users can just take the subsequent actions to lower chances of car or truck theft and aid in recovery:
- In no way leave your vehicle working and unattended
- Close and lock all doors and windows when leaving your auto
- Use a steering wheel lock
- Depart your car “showroom” cleanse. Valuables and merchandise indicating valuables, these kinds of as mobile telephone and GPS chargers, really should under no circumstances be remaining in a car
- Park in locations that are very well-lit and have functioning online video security cameras
- If equipped, make investments in a car immobilization method and car recovery method
- Take apparent shots of your motor vehicle, VIN and license plate
- Immediately report your car stolen by contacting 9-1-1 if you witnessed it becoming stolen or 801-799-3000 if it happened outdoors your presence or there was a time hold off.