MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Reminder: Tips to Prevent Motor Vehicle Theft
Summer time travels are underway, and more people are out on the streets. Even though we are focused on summer months enjoyable, it isn’t a time to develop into complacent and depart cars and trucks unsecured. Not discovering your car or truck where by you parked it is a gut-wrenching sensation and is unfortunately a typical encounter. Vehicle theft is on the rise, and with July currently being Motor vehicle Theft Avoidance Month, we are below to make guaranteed you do not come to be a sufferer!
In accordance to the Nationwide Freeway Website traffic Security Administration (NHTSA), research exhibits that in 2020 alone, 804,400 automobiles had been stolen in the United States, which is an 11.8% maximize from 2019. In just that number, passenger vehicles produced up much more than 74% of all stolen automobiles, with only 56.4% of all stolen cars currently being recovered. On typical, a motor automobile was stolen every 39 seconds. These motor vehicle thefts value automobile owners a lot more than $7 billion.
With much better engineering currently being produced for motor automobiles, you may possibly think that cars and trucks nowadays are theft-evidence, but that is not the scenario. Use the guidelines underneath, supplied by NHTSA and Autotrader, to protect against motor motor vehicle theft and teach your neighborhood on the hazards concerned:
- Park in perfectly-lit spots
- Near and lock all home windows and doors when you park
- Disguise valuables out of sight, such as in the glove box or trunk
- Do not leave your keys in your motor vehicle
- Do not leave the space though your car is running
- Get a great motor vehicle alarm
- Insert a car or truck-theft tracking unit
In accordance to the Insurance coverage Data Institute (iii), in Massachusetts, there have been 6,835 motor motor vehicle thefts in 2020. Do not hold out to consider motion, it could come about to you. Keep by yourself and every other protected. If you or someone you know is a sufferer of car or truck theft, abide by these actions advisable by NHTSA:
- Call law enforcement right away to file a stolen-car report: You will have to have a duplicate of the law enforcement report and/or scenario number to offer to your insurance policies firm. Be absolutely sure to deliver the subsequent data: license plate selection, make, model, and shade of the motor vehicle, and Auto Identification Number (VIN)
- Contact your insurance enterprise to file a assert in just 24 several hours of the auto being stolen
- If you discover your automobile right before authorities do, contact the law enforcement and your insurance policy organization immediately
MassDOT’s Highway Help Application, sponsored by MAPFRE Insurance policy, is on patrol to enable all motorists, such as motorcyclists, on the highways. Patrol operators check some of the state’s busiest highways about Metro Boston, Worcester, Springfield and Cape Cod (seasonal). The Highway Guidance Patrol covers 13 main state roadways and interstates, the Emergency Support Patrol handles the Mass Pike (I-90) from New York to Boston and the Incident Reaction Operators protect the Metropolitan Highway Procedure and tunnels. The Highway Help Patrol is in assistance Monday–Friday in between the hours of 6 a.m.–10 a.m. and 3 p.m.–7 p.m. All through holiday seasons, there are extended routes in weighty targeted visitors spots. On I-90, and in Boston’s tunnel technique, assistance is presented 24 hrs for every day, 7 days a 7 days.
Your close friends at MAPFRE Insurance plan